Thursday, December 15, 2011

Summer Catch Up // Florida Vacation - July 2011


For vacation this year, John and I drove to Florida for 2 weeks. Yes, it was a long drive but so worth it to be there for a long time.

We started our 1st week in Long Boat Key. It is right outside of Sarasota on an island. It was gorgeous, quiet and the perfect place to unplug from life. The condos we stayed in were perfect and right on the beach. Our daily routine....wake up, pack our cooler, beach, back to clean up and dinner out. Sarasota was so close that we went into town to see movies and eat often. One favorite thing I fell in love with.....Publix Chicken Tender Subs....oh so good! I could go for one anytime!!!




For our 2nd week in Florida we went back to our favorite spot....Hollywood, Florida. It is close to Miami and such a fun place to stay. We spent most of our time driving to Miami, Coconut Grove and other place to shop and play. We did spend some time on the beach exploring and shell hunting. It rained a lot in the evening, but that did not stop our exploring. The culture and food is AMAZING down there.

These pics are from a restaurant called Jaguar. It was in Coconut Grove, south of Miami. They had fabulous Sangria and all of their food was bite size and yummy!! I would go back there anytime.




We had to hit up our old favorite "le Tub" for some massive hamburgers. It threatened to rain the whole time, but we were able to enjoy the delightful tastings.



These are my most favorite memories I have and what makes me thankful for my husband. We have created such great memories, pre-kids, and have enjoyed getting to know what makes the other person.

We ended up driving straight back the whole way from Miami to Houston....from 8 am to 1 am. It was a long day, but I wouldn't trade it for the world!!!


No comments:

 
Copyright © 2011 Designer Blogs